At St. John Neumann, we center faith formation on striving toward an ever deeper relationship with the person of Jesus Christ: present in the Eucharist, in the Word of God, as we gather together in His name, and as we strive to live out His Gospel message in loving service.
We also aim to provide our students with an ever deeper understanding of what the Church has to say on matters of faith and morals, where those teachings can be found, and how they can be put into practice.
As a school rooted in Catholic teaching and spirituality, we see our mission as forming a community of disciples who are grateful to God and joyful in God.
Our Faith Formation Goals:
- Students who come to a deep knowledge of Christ Jesus through the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church that he instituted to provide the fullness of the means of salvation, offering life in abundance (see John 10:10)
- A curriculum permeated by the enduring, life-giving truths of the Church that will help our students grow in their knowledge of God
- A physically and morally safe environment saturated with Catholic tradition that will help our students grow in their love of God
- A faculty and staff that give powerful witness to Christian values that will help our students grow in their service to God
- Families strengthened in Faith
- Parishes strengthened in Hope
- A community strengthened in Charity
Faith Formation Features:
- The Blessed Sacrament reserved in our chapel in the heart of our school
- Weekly all-school Masses and single-class chapel Masses
- Daily prayer--morning pledge to the Cross, the Angelus at noon, St. Michael prayer at the end of the day
- Seasonal Penance Services
- Every room features a crucifix, prayer table, Bible, and an image of Mary and other saints
- A dynamic theology curriculum that invites students to learn the faith through their own experiences and apply it to their lives
- Service days, projects, and campaigns to broaden our sense of connection with all God’s people—benefiting our school, our parishes, our community, and our neighbors around the globe